I was picked by Homemade Ginger for the Stylish Blogger Award! How sweet and totally undeserved! (is it okay that my blog's designer is Microsoft Paint?)
Anyway, I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself, and then recommend 15 of my favorite blogs. Easy breezy.
1. One of the first craft projects I ever made were fully-functioning flip flops made out of newspaper. I'm not even kidding you, I wore them to walk the dog.
2. I play team trivia every Wednesday night with a group of friends which often reminds me just how little I paid attention in history class.
3. When I met my husband I was a bubbly social butterfly & he was a 13 year old shy kid with glasses. Now he's a superfox. Nerds make the best husbands!
4. I just started sewing last August. I loved fabric and wanted to be able to create things with it. So I taught myself through online tutorials... and a lot of mistakes.
5. I am an only child which is why I think I've always been immersed in creative projects. Talking to yourself gets old.
6. In addition to my part time blogging, my moonlighting as a seamstress, and my full time mommy gig, I'm also a full time Pre-K teacher. Whew!
7. My dream job would be a photographer with a fun side business in sewn-accessories.
Well, I've got the second part started!
As for my favorite blogs, the number grows and grows everyday as I browse through Follower lists and are introduced to the awesome ladies following me. The SBA just calls for me to list my faves, but I thought I'd add a little about why I love these blogs so much.
Here are some of my favorites so far:
Honey We're Home
Not only has Megan rocked the blogging world,(she had me at rainbow bookshelf) but she's actually really sweet to boot AND she has great style. Please decorate my house Megan... for free. :)
Laurie Gale Designs
She makes her own glass beads and they *seriously* put others' to shame. Pandora who?
Some of the best eye candy! Prepared to want to get out your hammer and get decorating!
One of THE funniest and sweetest people I know (in real life!) You can't read her blog without laughing out loud.
The Sweet paper House
Not only is her blog name one of the cutest I've seen, but her love of crafty projects keeps me coming back for ideas!
The Peach Chablis
The blog that keeps my friend Alana distracted at work!
"Shabby Chic doesn't even begin to describe it" LOVE this girl's style!
Old House, New Look
She creates the most beautiful spaces in her home, and the best part is they're all modest and doable!
She has some of the best, most inspiring ideas for easy home makeovers. I'm waiting for a rainy day to make her DIY family chalkboard!
Every time I see this blog I seriously want to jump in mycar, head to a craft store and get to work. I ♥ that feeling.
Crows Feet Chic
Don't remodel your house until you see this blog! I get so many great ideas for future projects.
I'm not traveling to Europe tomorrow and I'm not rich, but I sure feel like those things when I read this beautifully stylish blog.
A Little Chippy
Another inspiring blog with GREAT decor ideas! Get out your hammer ladies!
A Bowl Full of Lemons
I love this blog because she shows how to turn everyday things (and free things) into super cute things and that's a good thing (Martha Stewart anyone?)
a little lovely
Some of the best tutorials ever! have your notepad to jot down ideas.
Etiquette En Vogue
EEV is such an original blog with a unique message. Go check it out!
Happy Healthy Mama
Okay so I added two more. But Maryea is the fittest, healthiest mama I know, and her recipes will make your kids that way too. I had to share!
So there you have it! If you were one of my favorite blogs, please link back to my blog when referencing who nominated you :) and don't forget to put the SBA button in your post!
Happy Friday everyone! TGIF ♥